High Vacuum Deposition Systems
In all SE/SEC-Series systems, the baseplate (typically 20 inches) accommodates up to 15 feedthroughs for instrumentation, control and rotary motion. SE/SEC-600 systems are most often equipped with a 19.5" diameter bell jar and Planetary Fixturing having a capacity of 18 4" wafers. The average pumpdown time of less than 30 minutes allows throughput in excess of 54 wafers per hour.
Ultimate vacuum: 10 -8 torr range
- Cryogenic pump: 8"
- Mechanical pump: 23-57 CFM, dual stage
- Cold trap: 2.5 liter capacity, 200 sq. inches of surface area, 10 hours holding time
- Water baffle: Optically dense, chevron baffle
- High vacuum valve: 7-3/4" I.D., seals vertically
- Foreline/Roughing valves: 3" I.D.
- Valve actuation: Electro-pneumatic (all vacuum valves)
- Valve sequencing: Manual and automatic (Auto-Tech II)
- Ionization gauge control: Dual ionization gauge tube, auto ranging with dual convectron positions.
- Dimensions: 79"H x 43"W x 37"D
- Weight: 1,200 pounds
- Electrical: 208/10/70A/4-wire connection with ground (3 phase, 5-wire also available)
- Water: 10 GPM (minimum)
- Air: 90-110 PSIG
- Diffusion pump: 2400 liter/second, 6" normal
- Process chamber: 19.5" diameter x 30" H, ambient or water-cooled (larger bell jars available)
- Fixturing: Variety of fixturing options: planetary, clamshell, or custom.
- Baseplate: 20" or 26" diameter, 7-3/4" pumping port
- Substrate heat:2-10 kW
- Sources: Any commercially available source, including single and multiple beam, CHA's resistance and sputtering sources.
- Hoists: Motorized hoist assembly, 1/4HP motor
- LN2 Level Control: Automatically maintains liquid level in cryogenic trap.
- Sieve trap: Molecular sieve trap prevents migration or backstreaming of mechanical pump oil into the system.
- RGA port: 2.75 O.D. flange located in base plate of system provides integration of a residual gas analyzer.
- Automatic deposition control: Process controller provides fully automatic deposition sequence.
- Automatic gun rotation control: Positions the crucibles of a turret-type electron beam source.
- Shutter/shutter control: Different design shutters can be incorporated depending on source configuration and number.
For more details, download the CHA Bell Jar Systems Brochure PDF (2.4MB).